- Work directly with Content Manager and Senior SEO Specialist to fulfill various writing tasks including, but not limited to:
- Editing commissioned copy
- Writing original copy
- Assist with content ideation & strategy
- Edit and proofread content produced by colleagues to ensure quality and consistence with editorial guidelines
- Formatting content in accordance with accepted web copy and SEO standards. i.e.
- Editing blocks of content ranging from small (500 words) to large (2,500+ words) pieces
- “Breaking up” and formatting small and large blocks of content by utilizing headers (H2’s & H3’s primarily)
- Conduct in-depth research on a variety of topics and industries
- Assisting with ad-hoc copywriting tasks
- Degree in Journalism, English, Linguistics, or a related field
- Creative writing skills with the ability to conduct quality research
- Excellent spelling, grammar, structure and copy editing skills
- Thorough knowledge of AP style guidelines
- Understanding of marketing copywriting principles and content marketing objectives
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Able to write in a wide range of styles and meet brand guidelines
What would impress us further:
- Experience with creative writing and making normally monotonous content “come to life”
- Experience with SEO best practices
- Experience working in an Agency environment
The ideal candidate is responsible, detail oriented, a team player, organized, willing to learn and accept constructive critisim, independent and confident in their writing and editing skills.
This is a full-time, in-house position. We offer plenty of growth opportunity, competitive salary, full benefits & so much more. This is your opportunity to work with a talented group of individuals to grow and expand your skills.
If you feel that you meet all the above “skills required” criteria and would like to apply for this position: please send your cover letter & resume (doc/pdf) to email@example.com Please use the subject line “Copywriter Position Applicant” when sending in resumes.