Levy Online is a full-service digital agency looking to add another developer with understanding of design to their Design & Development team. We have built websites for some of the most iconic brands in Las Vegas. This is a full-time in-house position. You will be working and collaborating with our Design & Development team, account managers, and project managers. You have strong interpersonal skills and written communication skills and are comfortable communicating directly with our clients.
In past roles, you have completed multiple tasks and projects simultaneously. You can adapt processes and workflows quickly and shift gears at a moment’s notice to address urgent needs. You are detail oriented and diligent in checking your own work before submission. You have experience troubleshooting when challenged with a roadblock. You are comfortable wearing different hats that may require checking your peers work and supporting a lead developer in completing a project. You understand time management, absorb priorities, and take ownership of your tasks and projects, completing them in a timely manner. You are a driver: a self-motivated learner always interested in keeping up with our ever-changing industry and willingness to try new techniques in your projects. You are not afraid to step out of your comfort zone and tackle something new to help solve a problem.
Expectations of this position entails the following responsibilities.
- Translate design mock-ups into functional, responsive websites that are SEO-friendly and conversion-oriented
- Integrate CMS, specifically WordPress, with website builds
- Complete daily tasks to support SEO and PPC efforts
- Complete tasks to support a website project
- Perform website maintenance and disaster recovery
- Setup and manage multiple website environments, including your own local website environments, for testing and development needs
- Collaborate and track development work in a repository
Daily tasks and responsibilities for this position require the following skills.
- 4+ years in front end web development, 2+ years in server-side web development
- Web standards and best practices
- UX and UI design best practices
- Understanding of page speed optimization and mobile website delivery
- Understanding of Node, Grunt, Gulp, and Bower or other front-end dependency manager
- Git and repository workflows including merging, releasing, tagging, and reviewing your peers’ code
- Adobe Creative Suite, specifically Photoshop and XD, and Sketch
- WordPress theme and plugin development
- Developing solutions for and resolving bugs across various devices, platforms, and browsers
- Responsive frameworks including, but not limited to, Bootstrap and Foundation, designing for them, and leveraging them in a CMS
- Solutions and code that are clean and efficient and supports modular design and development and the task goals
- Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
What would impress us further?
Prior or strong experience with the following will impress us even further.
- WordPress starter theme Sage by Roots
- Understanding and troubleshooting skills in WordPress
- Custom API, Soap, and Rest implementation
- WooCommerce or other ecommerce platforms
- Understanding the separation of content and design in the CMS
- Understanding of website host configurations and prior experience with launching a website
- Invisionapp or other similar prototyping web application
- Web analytics setup and integration, as well as custom tracking implementations
- Liquid, Angular, or other frameworks
- Accessibility standards
Does this candidate sound like you?
If yes, please send your resume, cover letter (doc/pdf), and a few sample website and project links to email@example.com.